Re: What signals should I be using with a GtkCombo?

Thomas Mailund wrote:
> On Wed, 2001-09-05 at 02:52, Skip Montanaro wrote:
> > I must just not be thinking about this right, but I'm having trouble
> > figuring out what signal(s) I should be connecting to for a
> > GtkCombo. GtkCombo's contain both an entry and a list, and either can be
> > used to change the value.  It seems to me like GtkCombo ought to emit its
> > own "value-changed" signal, but it doesn't.
>
> 'ere you go then. I've attached a widget that wraps the combo and
> translates the entry's "changed" and the lists "select-child" into
> "changed" events. It isn't particularly polished, but you can get there
> from this.

[nice code snipped]

I had this problem, and the best solution I found was to connect to "activate"
on the entry, and to "hide" on GTK_COMBO()->popwin. Of course this is very ugly,
but you do get the signal at the end of selection rather than all the way
though.

John