What signals should I be using with a GtkCombo?

(hopefully this will only go out once.  i've been having email config
problems today.)

I must just not be thinking about this right, but I'm having trouble
figuring out what signal(s) I should be connecting to for a
GtkCombo. GtkCombo's contain both an entry and a list, and either can be
used to change the value.  It seems to me like GtkCombo ought to emit its
own "value-changed" signal, but it doesn't.

The best I've been able to come up with is to connect to the GtkEntry's
"activate" signal and the "selection-changed" signal of the GtkList.  That
doesn't seem right either, since the activate signal of the GtkEntry is
normally used to pop up the list, so I'd have to call gtk_combo_disable_
activate to use the entry's activate signal.  Is that the usual way?

I think GtkCombo should provide a value-changed signal along with a
get_value method, but maybe I'm thinking too high-level. ;-)

Any suggestions appreciated,

--
Skip Montanaro (skip pobox com)
http://www.mojam.com/