Re: gtk+-1.2.xxx fatal error in gtktext.c

Havoc Pennington writes:

> 1.2.x is supported. GtkText is supported for trivial uses
> ("display/enter some text"). If you try to use GtkText in complicated
> ways it's not really very good,

Thanks, that clears things up.

>  ... so you'll quickly want to get an add-on widget like GtkExText or
> Scintilla instead.

Aha!  I hadn't thought of looking for add-on widgets, but I certainly
will if GtkText turns out to be inadequate.

> Basically, don't try to write a text editor based on GtkText.

Luckily, I wasn't.  I'm doing stuff at home that requires a lot of
cutting and pasting of bits of text and I thought I'd try and automate
it a bit.  So I'm putting together a tool that will let me select an
insertion point, click a button to insert some predetermined bit of
text, tidy up the results and save the modifications.  I'm pretty sure
GtkText will be good enough for that.

Thanks for your help,

Jeremy