Re: gtk+-1.2.xxx fatal error in gtktext.c

Jeremy Henty <jeremy chaos org uk> writes:
> ??!!?  Is 1.2.x supported or not?  And what is the supported way
> to handle text in 1.2.x?  AFAICT neither the tutorial nor the API
> reference describes any mechanism apart from GtkText.  Am I wrong?

1.2.x is supported. GtkText is supported for trivial uses
("display/enter some text"). If you try to use GtkText in complicated
ways it's not really very good, so you'll quickly want to get an
add-on widget like GtkExText or Scintilla instead.

Basically, don't try to write a text editor based on GtkText.

Havoc