Re: gtk+-1.2.xxx fatal error in gtktext.c

Hi Vladimir,

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001, Vladimir Tsichevski wrote:
> Hi GTK developers,

	Sorry, I'm not a GTK developer, though.  :)

> I found an error in gtktext.c module which results in application
> crash (an attempt to address a zero pointer). The problem arises only
> when a specific conditions are met. That's why nobody bumped into this
> bug before.

	However, I do know that gtktext is deprecated and is no longer
supported so I think it is unlikely that anyone will fix it.  As someone
who used gtktext before, it is good but there are some bugs that keep
cropping up.

	A few months back, I installed current development version of GTK
v1.3.x and have removed gtktext from my code and replaced it with gtkview
and other text-related widgets.  v1.3.x is still in development, so I
don't suggest that you use it unless you think you're better off using it.

	But because guitext.c is being phased out, this might be one
reason why the bug you found in gtktext.c won't be fixed.  [Again, a
reminder than I'm saying this as a user and not a GTK developer.]

Ray