Follow-Up: inserting button into table spreads table

Hello all,

this morning I asked the list something about tables and so on (see
message below).

Now I have done a small prog for demonstrating the problem. Within this
demonstration the button doesn't change columns (because of the button
on top I suppose) therefore you see it with the rows instead. The
problem itself remains the same.

To run the demo, just unpack the file, look at it to assure no malicious
code, compile it with

gcc -Wall -g anfrage1.c -o anfrage1 `gtk-config --cflags` `gtk-config
--libs`

and run it with ./anfrage1. That's all :-))

If one can help me, I would appreciate it very much.

*** start original message ***

> Hello all,
>
> I am using a GtkTable to build up myTable, using GtkSeperators and
> GtkLabels to create myColumns and myRows. The GtkLabels span some
> GtkRows and GtkColumns (I just use Gtk... and my... to keep both things
> on their own).
>
> When I try to insert a GtkButton into myTable that spans some myColumns
> these myColumns spread which I don't want to happen. I fiddled around
> with borders, padding, GTK_FILL but didn't get the desired effect.
>
> Did anybody encounter this problem before and/or does anybody have an
> idea to stop that from happening?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> caspar

*** end original message ***