Re: Playing song...!

Am Mittwoch, 17. Oktober 2001 09:25 schrieben Sie:
> Hey all, thanx for the response regarding playing song.
>
> fine, Actually i wanted to play a song just by calling XMMX. how can i
> write a function using system calls and how to attach to the button??
I think that using a command tool like mpg123 would be better to play songs
but thats my opinion.
> is that simple system call will work or i have to copy the full source code
> in to my program and so on?
No, just use the fork command and start xmms with a songname  you could
have a look on the XChat code because XChat starts XMMS to play a song
that is maybee that what you want.  Look at the example code to learn how
gtk_signal_connect works ...

> and any one tell me using gtk+ if i develop any GUI, will it be helpful for
> me in the future??? Meaning, whats the future of gtk+ (gui) developers?? i
> feel, bcas this is very new to the market.
Gtk 2.0 is in development state at the moment, so i think the future of gtk+
is save at the moment ...

> thanx in advance,
> dumieel.

No problem