Re: more on scrolled window sizing ... fixes + bugs?

Paul Davis <pbd op net> writes:
> Arg! I indeed set the policy to NEVER, but thats not at all what my
> intended meaning is. Its set to NEVER because I don't want scrollbars
> to be appear: the adjustments and the scrollbars for the scrolled
> window are shared with other widgets (e.g. an adjacent scrolled
> window). I did not mean for the child to be given as much space as it
> desired.

So change the child's desired space to your limit, say the limit
dimension is vertical:
 gtk_widget_set_usize (child, -1 /* requisition */, 0 /* infinitely small */)

> Alternatively, should I just be using a viewport (or two) and creating
> my own scrollbars to move the visible part of the child around?

It isn't rocket science to create your own scrollbars, if you need
to. ScrolledWindow is just a convenience thing.

Havoc