Re: "async reply" error from Xlib in gtk

>Even gtk_main also needs to be thread safe.. I tried this one and put
>gtk_threads_enter / gtk_threads_leave for every gtk functions.

yes, *every* call to any GDK or GTK function must be wrapped in the
thread lock (if you want to take this approach; i prefer the "only 1
thread accesses the GUI" approach).

>now this give lot of help, system keeps on running for many hours, but
>sometime it crashes after few hours, now it's time is totally random..

then you have a bug somewhere. it will be hard to figure out.

i have an application that from time to time has 7 threads active in
it. i've run into the kinds of crashes you describe, and in every
case, after a huge amount of careful debugging, the error was *always*
mine.

--p