Re: maillist search don't work

Oli Starke <huisnblasi gmx de> writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I tried to search for same tips in the mailling list gtk-list on the
> web, but I allways get no result.
> I cann't believe that there is no result for a search string like
> "button". When I look direct in the list there are lot of posting with
> string "button".
>
> Can anyone help me, because it take o lot of time to download the

Yes, this is known problem. The index on mail.gnome.org got
corrupted some time ago, and the machine didn't have enough memory
to rebuild it in place.

I now have a new machine to replace the old mail.gnome.org and plan to
install it at our colocation facility sometime in the next few
days. At that point, searching should work again. (Searching is
working on the new machine now, it just isn't useful for anybody but
me yet ;-)

Sorry for the inconvience,
                                                Owen