gtk list bug?

Has anyone else noticed a bug in gtklist and gtkscrolled window  that stops
the scroll bar from working correctly?

If too many entries are added to the list (I believe it's a memory error so
the exact number is depenedant on the size of the object being added to the
list) the scrollbar still appears, but doesn't show that the window needs to
be scrolled. (The scrollbar is full length of window, causing it to be
useless) The items ARE being added to the list, just the scrollbar is screwed
up. I know this since I can use the down arrows and get to the entries.

To see this bug for yourself, modify the example progream under
examples/list/list.c to add 2500 entries to the list. (line 125)
The bug also exists in the scrolled window. If you add the same number(2500)
of buttons you get the same useless scrollbar

I have tried it in both gtk 1.2.8 and 1.2.10

Any ideas of how to fix?

Thanks!
Mike