Re: CList DnD/selection "format" broken?

    >> a simpler way to ...  create simple lists.

    vishnu> It's not really that hard....

    [ snipped 1000 lines of C code ]

This is what I had in mind when I said "simpler":

    mylist = List(values=["able", "baker", "charlie", "dog"])

This happens to be Python, which is immaterial to this discussion (it's just
my chosen implementation language, so the only one I have lines of code to
count), after creating an 83-line List class, probably 20-25 lines of which
were not directly related to the issue of creating lists.  That still leaves
me with 50-60-odd lines of Python needed to create and manage the simplest
of list widgets.  I have to believe that C programmers wanting simple lists
and not wanting to use deprecated widgets like clist are going to be in
proportionally greater agony.  Having to create or manage TreeView,
TreeSelection, ListStore and CellRendererText objects just to create and
interact with a simple single-column list of text strings is what I was
getting after.

Skip