Re: CList DnD/selection "format" broken?

>clist works fine for simple uses, and will continue to do so in GTK 2,
>it's not gone. The issue with the clist is just that if you try to do
>something hard, it either can't be done, or the hack to do it
>interacts badly with the internals of the clist which weren't designed
>for it. However if you are just making a simple list, clist is fine.

hmm. so would it be worth me patching clist do that DnD works
correctly? i sort of started it last night, then realized it wasn't a
5 minute hack, and stopped. my plan was to add support for a STRING
selection target, that would return "R,C" where R is the selected row
number.  and C is the selected column number. for multirow selections,
it would return "Rstart-Rend".

i'd be quite happy to do this, but it sounded as if clist was going
away. the word "deprecated" has been banded about quite a lot :)

--p