Re: C++ wrapper users please read!

Am Fre, 2001-11-30 um 11.26 schrieb RevX gmx at:
> Hi,
>
> me again. Seems there are some nice solutions for C++ wrappers (for GTK+).
> But that throws up the following question:
>
> What speaks against "leaving" GTK+ functions as they are and just write
> a C++ program (without a wrapper)???
Almost nothing, ie. if you are aware about the implications of
mixed-language programming, you can do it.
At least I do so and actually prefer it over using gtk--.

> Maybe I sound plain stupid now, but, is there also a C wrapper for GTK+???
Well, I don't fully understand.

You can use gtk+'s C-API in C++ programs without major problems.
Or is gtk's API too inconvenient or not abstract enough for your
demands? In this case you are probably actually looking for toolkits
applying gtk, such as gnome, gal etc.

Ralf