GTK Tree or Ctree

Hello

I am new to using GTK and need some advice.

Say I want to maintain a tree structure like this
Lan 1
  ....Computer 1
       .......Process 1
               ..... PID

where the process will have other attributes also
and I want to display the value in the leaf.
also I have a time out function which updates values
every 30 secs and I want my GUI to display new values
every 30 secs.
I implemented this using both GTKCTree and GTKTree
but cdnt figure out how I can have values displayed
all the time without having a callback function.

any help is greatly appreciated

rajeev