question on signals

hello.
could you help me out?
I did a gtk_signal_connect_object with glade with a handmade function:

gtk_signal_connect_object (GTK_OBJECT (decactpos1), "clicked",
                             GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC (step),
                             GTK_OBJECT (actpos1));
decactpos1 is a button and actpos1 is a Gtk_Entry.

step is

void
step                                   (GtkEditable     *editable,
                                        GtkButton       *button);

Is it right? what is the correct prototype for a signal function in both signal_connect and signal_connect_object?
I ask because pressing the button that calls step generates a segmentation fault.

--
ICQ: 15605359 Bicho
                                  =^..^=