GtkCTree and modal dialog -> freeze

Hi,

I have a problem with GtkCTree. I am trying to port an application,
which uses GtkTree to use GtkCTree, but I ran into the following
problem:

When you change the selection inside a GtkCTree, I want to show a
dialog box. The problem is: when I click on the new node, the dialog
box pops up, but the whole application freezes (together with the rest
of my X window). I.e. no mouse or keyboard events are processed, I
have to kill the application from a different terminal.

The dialog window calls 'set_modal(TRUE)'. If I remove this call, I
avoid the freeze (but get the wrong functionality).

Any hints on how I can get the intended behaviour?

I use gtk+-1.2.10 and python-gtk-0.6.8.

tia,
/steffen
--
steffen ries sympatico ca	<> Gravity is a myth -- the Earth sucks!