install without docs?

I need to do some gtk+ installing on a remote machine and would prefer to
simply not have the docs available there (one copy on my laptop is fine).
Unfortunately, the install-data target wants to install the docs as well.
Getting that to succeed then means I have to install gtk-doc and all its
dependencies (jade, docbook dtd, etc) on this remote machine, which is going
to be more than a minor pain.

Would I encounter any functional problems if I simply eliminated docs from
SUBDIRS in Makefile.am?

Thx,

--
Skip Montanaro (skip pobox com - http://www.mojam.com/)