playing movie at the backend??

Hi all,
I have a few questions.

I am developing an application, which is for DTV, digital TV. so what i wanted to do in my application,

1. i want to play a movie file (mpeg) at the behind (backround), and place the controls on top of it. the controls are just the buttons and similar contorls. so how can i achive this, that is playing a movie at the back and placing the controls on top of it??? that is to get a feel like TV.

2. How can i add a file to the list or clist, from the hard disk. i want to select the file from my list and i shld be able to play the selection.

3. i am not able to set the backend color for a window or dialog??

4. When i pop up a child window from the parent window, until unless the child window closes i dun want to allow the user to do anything with other windows in the same application. First is to close the child popped up windows or dialog and do the rest. tell me how can i do this??

Regards,
Dumieel.