drag'n'drop problem

Hello all,

I am trying to understand drag'n'drop. I read some explanations, the
testdnd.c, the api but I still have some problems.

I want to create a button on drag_begin and drag it with the cursor
position till I do a drop, so at the end there is some kind of bar of
the length between the first position and the last position.

I had some difficulties getting some data, so
- I create the button with length = 0 on button_pressed event,
- show it up on drag_begin,
- justify the button on drag_leave,
- follow the cursor in drag_motion,
- and want to do a final justification on drag_end.

My problem now is, that I have to discriminate between dragging out of
range - and deleting the button that way - and dropping within range. I
did set a status flag on drag_drop but for it doesn't get called when
being out of range. But now I delete my buttons if I drag pretty fast
and drop within range.

I am using gtk+ 1.2.10 at the moment.

My questions:
- does anybody know about such problems with signals on dnd? Maybe a
workaround?
- does anybody have a clue on using dnd properly and is willing to help
me?
- does anybody see a fatal error on my concept as I described it here?

thanks in advance

caspar

--
Public-Key-Server: z.B. http://blackhole.pca.dfn.de
Caspar Bothmer <caspar cbothmer org> ID: 0xCE9DDE57