Can the list of stock icons be extended?

(I'm using the 2.0 API.)

Can the list of stock icons be extended?  For example, Gtk doesn't provide a
"new folder" stock icon.  I'd like to be able to have this in a resource
file

    pixmap_path "/full/path/to/my/xpm/files"

    style "icons" {
        stock["new-folder"] = {
            { "gtk-new-folder.xpm" }
        }
    }

    class "GtkButton" style "icons"

then create a new folder button as

    gtk_button_new_from_stock("gtk-new-folder")

Actually, since I'm using the PyGtk interface I write

    gtk.Button(stock="gtk-new-folder")

but it winds up calling gtk_button_new_from_stock.

I don't see anything happening when I try this.  I've tried using xpm and
png files and I've tried using preexisting stock strings (e.g. "gtk-go-up"
or "gtk-ok") and new ones (e.g. "gtk-new-folder" and "new-folder").  Nothing
seems to change.  Have I muffed the resource spec somehow?  Can someone
point me to an example of this?  The testgtkrc file overrides
gtk-dialog-warning, but only to create an image, not a button.

--
Skip Montanaro (skip pobox com)
http://www.mojam.com/