Re: Some cut,copy and paste thoughts

    Owen> I'm not sure why it is working for you, but there AFAIK nothing of
    Owen> this nature in the selection protocol as described in the ICCCM, and
    Owen> I don't remember implementing it in GTK+ either.

We must be talking about different things.

Calling XGetWindowProperty() with a selection and type just returns a buffer
of bytes.  If the number of bytes returned is > 0, there is something in the
selection.  This is generally sufficient for dynamically setting menu item
sensitivity during a "map_event".

Whether the contents of the selection is appropriate for the application is
another matter.
Mark Leisher                      Times are bad.  Children no longer obey
Computing Research Lab            their parents, and everyone is writing
New Mexico State University       a book.
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL                -- Marcus Tullius Cicero
Las Cruces, NM  88003