Re: replacement for CList in GTK2

Steve Ramsay <ramsay universal ca> writes:
> In my current application (written with gtk 1.2.x) I have written a custom
> widget which derives from GtkCList.  Now I am playing around with porting
> it to Gtk 1.3 and noticed that the CList is depricated.  I am not sure on
> how to do this custom widget now.

The idea is to use GtkTreeView instead of GtkCList. Though I think
it'll be quite some time before clist actually disappears, since it's
widely used.

> Here is a brief explanation of my widget.  It is a legend control for
> display of various layers of data.  It controls what data layes are to be
> drawn, selected, the order the layers draw, and the presentaion of the
> layer when it is drawn.  It has 4 columns.  Columns 0,1 and 2 contain
> pixmaps while column 4 contains text.  The pixmap shown in column 0 and 1
> is either a checked or unchecked box and act as toggle buttons.

FWIW GtkTreeView has real toggle cells, so no need for the pixmap
hacks with it.

> Now the first thing I have noticed is that the select-row signal on the
> depricated clist does not seem to get emitted anymore.  I have other
> Clists showing attribute information which also do not work so I know it
> is not something I have doen in the Clist.  Also I can not draw a row to a
> new row anymore.

CList shouldn't have changed behavior - if you have a simple test
case, maybe file a bug report on bugzilla.gnome.org so we can see
what's wrong.

Havoc