libglade question

When I use glade_xml_new() to construct the widget tree from .glade
file, it is immediately shown on the screen as if gtk_widget_show_all()
was called on the top level window. Is there a way to prevent it? I want
to construct the tree and then manipulate it a bit and only then show
it.

-Andrei

Complexity in the mind is not caused by learning;
learning is caused by complexity in the mind.
                                 -- Steven Pinker