Re: pkgconfig build woes

<skip pobox com> writes:
> Any suggestions?

We don't use CVS automake, autoconf, etc. Get the stable versions of
these. ;-)

For automake you do need the recenly-released 1.4p1 or the like to use
CVS GTK, and you need libtool 1.4. But CVS versions of
autoconf/automake will NOT work.

> Rick Campbell asked about GTK dependencies.  I'd appreciate a pointer to
> tutorials on all the various build-related tools (autoconf, automake,
> pkgconfig, libtool, etc), particularly focusing on what their
> interdependencies are and what order they should be built in.

autoconf/automake/libtool have tons of documention in info format,
'info automake' etc.

I've never built them (which seems sane to me), but AFAIK you need
autoconf before automake, and pkgconfig last, and otherwise it doesn't
matter.

Havoc