From: Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu <umbpux tin it>
To: Ighal Joel Micha <imicha afip gov ar>
CC: gtk-list gnome org
Subject: Re: threads
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 21:19:37 +0200

Ighal Joel Micha wrote:

> I am trying to launch a thread in gtk, anybody could tell me how can I
> do that. I am viewing an API documentacion, but I can not find the way.

Gtk can help you to build graphic user interfaces but it is not a
general-pourpose
application framework (à la Microsoft Foundation Classes, for example).
Thus you won't find a call to start a thread in Gtk's API.
Use the underlying operative system.
If you want to write successful multithreaded Gtk-based applications,
you could find useful the Gtk F.A.Q. entry about this argument.

Good luck,

Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu.