Re: A FAQ? What do I need to build GTK+ these days?

Him

Rick Campbell <rick campbellcentral org> writes:

> Where can I find a complete list of the packages required to build
> GTK+?  I've been going through an iterative process starting with gtk+
> and glib, then pulling in pkgconfig, then pango, and currently I'm
> staring at:
>   Unknown package 'atk'
>   configure: error:
>   *** Accessibility Tookit not found. Accessibility Toolkit is required
>   *** to build GTK+.

You are almost done. ATK can be grabbed from ftp.gtk.org or out of CVS.
The file INSTALL lists all the dependencies GTK+ has and the file HACKING
adds the extra bits you need to compile out of CVS.

But remember that these are developers release and that you should use
Glib-1.2.10 and GTK+-1.2.10 for production code.

Salut, Sven