Re: Trying to do a "personal" install of gtk+1.2.10

> From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
> Date: 05 May 2001 17:38:26 -0400
>
> David Goldsmith <dgoldsmi hawaii edu> writes:
> > Am I trying to do the impossible?  If not, what do I need to do?  Thanks,
> >

> I think the instructions about LD_LIBRARY_PATH, ldconfig, etc. are a
> bit Linux-centric. Check the Solaris docs for how to put your library
> directory in the linker's search path.
>
> (Or no doubt someone will follow up with this information.)
>
> Havoc

LD_LIBRARY_PATH works on Solaris (at least Solaris 7).  I have
sucessfully installed versions of gtk from 1.0.x through 1.2.8
(haven't gotten around to installing 1.2.9 or 10) in my home directory
on a Solaris box (where I don't have root). Make certain the directory
where gtk-config and glib-config get installed are in your path and
make certain the directory with the lib files are part of your
LD_LIBARY_PATH.  That should be all it takes.

HTH,
Dave