Re: widget question

Ronald Bultje <rbultje ronald bitfreak net> writes:
> But I'm horribly confused. The code of Gtk(H/V)Scale and GtkRange are not
> really understandable to a newbie-who-knows-how-tu-use-gtk-but-doesn't-get-it
> (me).

They aren't really understandable by anyone at all. The author of
GtkRange was smoking some good stuff at the time.

> What exactly is GtkRange supposed to be?

It's sort of a ridiculous jury-rigged contraption to put as much code
as possible in gtkrange.c rather than gtkscrollbar.c or gtkscale.c,
whether it makes sense to do so or not. ;-)

> Maybe somebody can help me a little in the right direction on how I should
> create such a widget?

I would suggest not copying GtkRange. It shouldn't be that hard to
just do your own widget, really.

Havoc