Re: Gdk-WARNING **: shmget failed!

Matt Hillebrand <hill9361 uidaho edu> writes:

> Yes, it is 1.2.9. What could I have done to generate this kind of warning?
> Is there a way to turn that warning off? My program still works perfectly
> no matter how many times the warning appears.

You haven't told us anything about what operating system you
are using, what your program does, or....

Basically, this means that GTK+ was unable to allocate a shared
memory segment. That's all. The two likely cases for failure are generally:

 - You've hit the total limit on your system
 - You've hit the per-process limit (unlikely with 1.2.9)

You probably can run 'ipcs' to list your current allocated segments.

                                        Owen