Re: Gdk-WARNING **: shmget failed!
- From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- To: Matt Hillebrand <hill9361 uidaho edu>
- Cc: <gtk-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Gdk-WARNING **: shmget failed!
- Date: 28 Mar 2001 15:26:18 -0500
Matt Hillebrand <hill9361 uidaho edu> writes:
> Yes, it is 1.2.9. What could I have done to generate this kind of warning?
> Is there a way to turn that warning off? My program still works perfectly
> no matter how many times the warning appears.
You haven't told us anything about what operating system you
are using, what your program does, or....
Basically, this means that GTK+ was unable to allocate a shared
memory segment. That's all. The two likely cases for failure are generally:
- You've hit the total limit on your system
- You've hit the per-process limit (unlikely with 1.2.9)
You probably can run 'ipcs' to list your current allocated segments.
] [Thread Prev