gtkeditable and "changed"

I have a file viewer/editor window, with menu items to Save and Run
the file in the window.  If the user chooses Run, and the text in the
window has changed since it was last saved (or since the window was
opened if it has never been saved), I'd like to pop up the question
"Save changes first?"  I guess there must be a way to implement this
conditional using the "changed" signal for gtkeditable, but I haven't
figured out how.  Any tips would be appreciated.

--
Allin Cottrell
Department of Economics