Alternate to GtkFileSelection for selecting multiple files

I've been playing with this a bit and while I can tweak
GtkFileSelection to allow multiple files to be selected, the behavior
is a bit messy.  Has anyone poked at GtkFileSelection to get multiple
file selection to work or put together an alternate?

Why do I want this?  Well, I'm working on something to do "batch"
processing of a large number of images and loading them one at a time
(when I might be running through hundreds) is a bit painful...

roland
--
		       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
roland rlenter com                     76-15 113th Street, Apt 3B