Re: Warning when making toolbars

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001 20:07:46 +0100, Drazen Kacar said:
> Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > Because some SGIs try doing this thing where the default visual for
> > the desktop itself is relatively low-quality, and then they have a
> > 24-bit visual available for windows that need it. So GdkRGB uses the
> > high-quality visual.
>
> I suspected that might be the case, but SGIs are far from being alone in
> that category, so I was pretty much confused.

SGI boxen *are* (or were until recently) unusual in that most of their
graphics gear supports hardware gamma correction - I've seen some strange
artifacts when gamma correction is active on a per-window basis (you'll
see some flicker as the gamma changes as focus moves in/out of the window).

--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Operating Systems Analyst