Ill-behaved pop-up menus

Hi,

While doing some gtk+ programming, I noticed that opening a menu grabs
the X11 mouse.  Any broken program can take control of the entire
display this way, and even wm-shortcuts don't seem to work while the
display is grabbed.  The only way I could find out to fix this is to
login in a text console and kill the culprit program.

I'm not too sure if it is only a gtk+ way of popping up menus or it is
in all X11 toolkits.  Also, is there any way in XFree86 by which the
program that is not reliquinshing the mouse/display grab be killed?

Thanks,
Lokesh.

--
Cricket scoreboard for linux