Re: New widget - style inheritance?

Havoc Pennington wrote:
> Use the functions in gtkpaint.h to do your drawing when possible, and
> if that isn't possible (there aren't functions there to draw triangles
> for example), use the colors and graphics contexts in widget->style.

  Won't that give me the paint-area's default style values, though? They
/should/ match, but I wouldn't want to assume anything about a user's
style. I suppose I can always (a) create a transient button, read it's
style, and delete the button, or (b) create the widget as a fully-defined
widget, cloned from the GtkButton widget code.

--
  Neil Bird   Principal Engineer                     |