New widget - style inheritance?

  Say I wanted to create a new custom widget/object in some fashion, which
were to be an array of wedge shaped buttons in a circle (like a Trivial
Pursuit jobby).

  My gut feeling would be to base this upon a GtkArea (or similar) and do
the drawing roughly myself - but what would be the best way of inheriting
theme/style settings (of say Buttons) such that the area's b/g, fill &
outline colours matched 'normal' buttons?

  Possibly made more complicated by the user having a pixmap theme that
doesn't /specify/ b/g colours :-/

--
  Neil Bird   Principal Engineer                     |