GtkText redrawing problem

I've got a combo box that has a large list of
items. When one of these items is selected, it
fills in many widgets with a text box included.
This problem is happening on a friend of mine's,
but not mine. The problem is that they'll select
one thing, then select another, but where the
combo box overlapped the text widget, that isn't
being redrawn so old text gets left over even
though I tell it all to delete and set the point
to 0 before re-inserting text. Again, this does
not happen on my machine.

The one workaround I've found is that the problem
is because the widget is not sensitive. So, if
I make the widget sensitive before I insert the
text, and the re un-sensitize it, this fixes the
problem. I also tried using a statically built binary
from my machine on hers, but it still does the same
thing.

So now I'm not sure if this is a bug in gtk or
what. We're both using GTK+ 1.2.9 and any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff "Shippy" Shipman     E-Mail: shippy nmt edu
Computer Science Major    ICQ: 1786493
New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology
Homepage: http://www.nmt.edu/~shippy