Re: Problem pushing glib.h through Sun C++ compiler, Solaris 7,8, CC 5.0/6.1

Jiri_Mracek <jiri lucent com> writes:
> I get an error:
>  "/sopt/SUNWspro50/SUNWspro/SC5.0/include/CC/std/time.h", line 29:
> Error: Multiple declaration for std::tm.
>
> To correct the problem:
>
> Change line 2079 in file "glib.h",
>          from
>       2079 struct tm;
>       2079 #include <time.h>
>
> After the fix, I can rebuild glib, gtk and wxGTK just fine.
>
> Sun's CC 5.0 has not been known for being the best compiler under the
> Sun, but the same happens with 6.1 and is a bit annoying.

Ugh, compiler is completely on crack. glib.h isn't supposed to include
system headers, that's why it forward-declares that struct. But
forward declaration is perfectly valid, I don't get what the compiler
is smoking.

> Again, I am not sure why, just wanted to let people know.  Anybody?

Best way to let us know about problems is bugzilla.gnome.org, so the
issue doesn't get lost.

Havoc