Re: GTK+-1.2.9 Released

I would prefer I keep my ~ app settings in ~...i.e. username david, not
username root.  sudo means the whole app runs as root, which means there
aren't ~ rc files.

Personally I like the idea of being able to disable that check.  However
it's done, do it simple and clean.  If not, we'll have numerous people
patching gtk to avoid that check.  I for one will do it because the hassle
of any sideways solution weighs more than cropping that check.

Perhaps gtk_disable_security_check() before gtk_init().  You could have the
app pop up a warning and for the future store something in ~ that didn't pop
up the warning.

-d

--
  There is a natural aristocracy among men. The grounds of this are virtue and talents. Thomas Jefferson
  The good thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from. Andrew S. Tanenbaum