1.2.9 Problem

I have just downloaded and installed glib 1.2.9 and gtk 1.2.9 onto a Solaris 8 (x86) machine.

I remade everything in my project and have the following problem:

I create a series of buttons and connect them to signals and also set a color and font.  I do not show the buttons until after an initial timeout (the timeout is for a copyright notice to display and then disappear).  When the buttons are then shown, they have lost their colors when I do the show.  If I reset the colors, everything is okay.  It actually appears that there is now a default color definition that is related to the last used color.  That is, when I show the buttons, if I reset the color on the 3rd button show, all buttons before the reset have the last know color and all buttons shown after the reset have the correct color.

It is actually is little more complex than that because multiple windows also come it to play but I want to understand the simple part first.