Re: jpeg images

Ronald Bultje wrote:
> I would like to display jpeg images on the screen, for example using the
> GtkPreview or something similar. But how would I load the jpeg image from
> the file?

Hi Ronald, libjpeg has an API for decompressing into a memory buffer. If
you download the sources (http://www.ijg.org), the docs are included.
Once it's in memory, you can draw it with the gdk_rgb*() functions.

If you want something higher level, GdkPixbuf and friends have jpeg
loaders (I think) ... not used them myself though.

HTH, John
--
John Cupitt, john cupitt ng-london org uk, +44 (0)20 7747 2570
VASARI Lab, The National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, London, WC2N 5DN