New widgets and their widths

Hello,

I'm having trouble with creating widgets that don't expand to use all available window space. I've had good results when using gtk_widget_set_usize on them followed by adding to a GtkAlignment widget.

For example, here's a code snippet:

pConfigurationVSeparator = gtk_vseparator_new ();
gtk_widget_set_usize (pConfigurationVSeparator, 10, 352);
pConfigurationVSeparatorAlignment = gtk_alignment_new (0, 0, 0, 0);
gtk_container_add (GTK_CONTAINER (pConfigurationVSeparatorAlignment), pConfigurationVSeparator); gtk_table_attach_defaults (GTK_TABLE (pTable[0]), pConfigurationVSeparatorAlignment, 1, 2, 0, 1);
gtk_widget_show (pConfigurationVSeparator);
gtk_widget_show (pConfigurationVSeparatorAlignment);

However, I have the following gripes with this:

1. The process looks inefficient. I have to create a GtkAlignment widget for every other widget I want to restrain, use an extra gtk_container_add and gtk_widget_show.

2. The size I declare in set_usize is final. The widget doesn't expand proportionally if I increase the window's size.

What should I do to make gtk_widget_set_usize's values stick after the call without resorting to GtkAlignment? And if I _must_ use GtkAlignment, how can I allow the widget to resize if I resize its window?

Thanks,

Flavio