How to set gtk_entry size?

Hi folks,

I'm creating a small window that takes in parameters for the creation of
objects on the fly.  So I'm using a bunch of gtk_entrys to grab those
settings.  But I seem unable to control the actual (physical) width of
these entries.  Using gtk_entry_max_length() has no effect on that.

I *guess* I could use gtk_widget_set_usize() but would rather not since
it uses pixel values.

Thanks,

DT
--
Technical Director - Virginia Center for Computer Music
http://www.virginia.edu/music/vccm.html