New Container Widget RFC

Hi,

I am writing a new container widget that arranges it's widgets into
columns, starting a new column when the last one fills up, simular to
the small icon view in windows explorer.  So far I have a working
prototype and am ready to take what I've learned from it to make a
more mature widget. Before I invest my time into this, though I have a
few questions.

First, does anyone know of an existing widget that does what I want?
There's no point duplicating work here. I remember seeing a package of
additional gtk widgets once but can't seem to find it now.

Second, what interface do you feel would be best suited for this
widget. I was originally thinking to have it extend off of the GtkBox
class, but am also thinking that CList (or the new TreeModel interface
in GTK+ 2.0) might also be a good interface to work off of. I haven't
really looked into the TreeModel much yet, just discovered it today. Any
opinions on this from people that know better than me?

Also if you have any other comments concerning this, or want more
infomation please let know.

Thank you,
      jackson

Daniel Jackson Peacock <pavon gallup net> [pavon jabber org] Socorro, NM