Realtime plot

hello. i'm new to this list and my question is this:

i have to develop a system that has to plot data that is acquired
trhough the serial port, i have done most of this part using
the realtime plot demo that comes with extragtk, but i have a problem
because it's a lot of data and my machine gets very busy
while plotting, i think that this is 'cause the data does not
get released, instead it keeps it in memory, and i want to know
if theres is a way that this data can be freed (or deallocated)
so this way it speed up things.

I also have made another application that plots data in realtime
that comes faster, and i have a problem when i try to plot more
than one station (obviously the data comes from different station)
because of the same problem.

i'm new to programming in gtk, and this are the very first applications
that i have made, so please anyone can help me?

thank you

--
    Sergio Arregui Ojeda
  Departamento de Sismologia