Re: PanedBox Bug?

David Robin <david robin st com> writes:

> I Created a H-Paned Box with a notebook in each of the panels with gtk_panel_add.
> When I hide the left notebook, the left panel goes hidden. But the right notebook doesnot takes  the empty space, and the gutter stays visible. Is it the expected
> behaviour?
> The behaviour I expected was : when I 'kind of' close one of the panel, the other one fills all the space, and the gutter desappears because it is no more useful.
> Then, If I show both notebooks again, the gutter reappears, at the same position it used to be.
>
> Is this a bug, or do I need to add some code in my app and make it by myself?

Not really a bug, but a missing feature. (Present in the devel branch.)

You'll need restructure your widgets instead of hiding one.

(Keep an extra reference to the notebooks with gtk_object_ref() so the
don't get destroyed when you remove them, remove them from the paned,
add the notebook you want back.)

Regards,
                                        Owen