RE: Callbacks and Signals works with Classes?

From: Andrés Giraldo <andres_giraldo yahoo com>
To: Gtk List <gtk-list gnome org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2001 6:39 PM
Subject: Callbacks and Signals works with Classes?

> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to create a class, this class defines a
> button, on it's clicked signal it calls a callback
> function that I want to put in the private part of the
> class, but it returns me...
>
> no matches converting function `on_button_clicked'
> to type `void (*) ()'
> clases.h:400: candidates are: void
> myclass::on_button_clicked
> ()
> GTK Works with C++... am I right?

Yeah, there is a wrapper called GTK-- written completely in C++, but GTK
works fine by itself wit C++.
I use to work with GTK & C++.
The problem must have something to do with puting the function in the
private part, because I use lots of callbacks in the classes I've created
without problems. My callbacks are all in the public part, though.

I cannot try now puting my functions in the private part and make them work.
I'm not on linux at this moment, sorry.

Regards,
    Ignacio Nodal