Argument passing / GTKTextView

Hi all,

	My GTK+ program is getting fairly large and until now, I've had
one big global variable structure that has all the information I need.  I
was wondering if there is an alternative to this.

	The program I'm having seems to be in the call back functions,
which I don't seem to entirely understand.  For example, in a call back
function such as this:

void closeChildWindow (GtkWidget *widget, gpointer data)

	I've been passing ints from my program using GPOINTER_TO_INT and
GINT_TO_POINTER.  But, can I pass anything else, such as a C pointer to a
structure or can I pass more than one argument?  If so, how would I do
this?

	Also, a separate question...does anyone know of a GTKTextView
example (GTK 1.3) that is slightly more involved than the HTML GTK
Reference under the section Text Widget Overview?  Possibly using tags,
marks, and iterators?

	Thank you!

Ray