Re: Automatic focus handling? How do I turn it off?

> Or do you mean GTK has support for moving focus via the Tab key, etc.?
> This is handled initially in the key_press_event default handler in
> gtkwindow.c and from there moves into the "focus" virtual
> function/signal on specific sub-containers.

I apologize if I wasn't clear in my email.  The problem is that pressing
keys such as the arrow keys, the backspace, and the tab cause my widget to
lose focus and for its containing window to gain focus. The key press
event first hits my widget and then, once I have returned 0 from the
key_press handler, control returns to gtk, the focus is removed, and the
event is propagated to the containing window where it is handled.

So I suppose it could have something to do with gtk's support for moving
the focus with tab, etc.. How does one turn this functionality off?

Thanks very much for your help, Havoc.

Regards,
Ken