Re: Automatic focus handling? How do I turn it off?

Ken Simpson <kens ActiveState com> writes:
> I was told that gtk has a mechanism for automatically setting or removing
> the focus on widgets in response to events such as keypresses. I think
> this mechanism has been enabled somewhere inside Mozilla and is causing
> all kinds of focus-related problems with Mozilla plugins.
>
> Can anyone tell me where I can look in gtk to find this automatic focus
> setting code?

I don't really understand the question - do you mean GTK widgets take
focus when clicked? That code is per-widget, e.g. GtkEntry will
call gtk_widget_grab_focus() if it gets a button click.

Or do you mean GTK has support for moving focus via the Tab key, etc.?
This is handled initially in the key_press_event default handler in
gtkwindow.c and from there moves into the "focus" virtual
function/signal on specific sub-containers.

Havoc